Innovation and production activities
The main customers of the University Research and Development (R&D) and consulting activities in 2017 include “Science Committee of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan”, “JSC Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company KEGOC”, “JSC Almaty Electricity Grid”, LLP “Honeywell-Automatic Control System”, LLP “Uranenergo”, “Academy of Law Enforcement Agencies under the General Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan”, RSE “Reserve” of the “Committee on State Material Reserves of the Ministry of Defense and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan”, RSE, “Institute of Nuclear Physics”, LLP “ECO-SAF.
Participation in exhibitions, conferences and symposiums
Five projects were submitted for participation in the international exhibition “Astana Expo 2017”. One project was approved to be demonstrated at the exhibition Astana EXPO 2017.
In overall, University students and employees participated in 5 exhibitions with demonstrations, 122 international and republican conferences, industry forums, congresses, seminars.
Council of Young Scientists
Established in December 2015.
The aim of the Council is to cooperate young scientists in order to develop scientific potential, and to give assistance to young scientists to enhance their professional abilities.
Council activities done in 2016:
– Distribution of information about grants, conferences, exhibitions;
– Attraction of young scientists to work with students;
– Assistance on preparing materials for 18 conferences: AUPET competition, State competition of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the section “TECHNICAL SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGIES”.
Research in AUPET is carried out by grants of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan and in the form of contractual work with organizations and enterprise customers.
For many years AUPET has been carrying out scientific and applied research (research works), design and technological works and providing scientific and technical services for enterprises customers and organizations. The main customers of the University Research and Development (R&D) and consulting activities currently include: the State Committee for Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, JSC Atyrau Heat and Power Plant, Energy Partner LLP, ArcelorMittal Temirtau. In 2018, Office carried out work with JSC Embamunaigas, LLP Honeywell-Automatic Control System, Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company KEGOC, Taukent-Energoservice LLP.
Currently, Office has 4 signed agreements for total amount of over 20 million tenge.
University participates in grant financing programmes since 2012. In 2017, AUPET staff submitted applications for participation in the tender for grant funding for scientific and (or) scientific and technical projects for 2018-2020. According to the results of the competition and the decisions of the NNS meetings, 8 projects with implementation period 2018-2020 and budget amount 225.65 million tenge were approved and sourced by MES of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the total amount, including:
“Information, telecommunication and space technologies, scientific research in the field of natural sciences” priority topic:
1) АР05132160 “Development and introduction in the educational process of foresight-oriented methods of educational work of doctoral students and undergraduates” (project manager Sagintaeva SS);
2) АР05132483 “Investigation of the influence of relativistic effects on the quality of spatial and time-of-flight focusing of electron beams in electrostatic mirrors and emission systems” (project leader Bimurzaev SB)
“Rational use of natural resources, including water resources, geology, processing, new materials and technologies, safe products and structures” priority topic:
3) АР05130987 “Development of an innovative technology for the exploitation of hydrogen deposits of uranium for the industrial and energy development of the country” (project manager Oryngonzhin ES);
4) АР05133635 “Development, testing and creation of a mobile geotechnological information and metrology complex (GIMK) for increasing the efficiency of uranium mining” (project manager Zhusupbekov SS).
on priority: “Power Engineering and Engineering”:
5) АР05133388 “Research and development of a wide range of perspective hot-water boilers of thermal capacity from 0.63 MW to 145 MW on natural gas, liquid and solid fuels for Kazakhstan’s own industrial production” (project manager Orumbaev R.K.);
6) АР05132960 “Research using the methods of mathematical modeling and physical experiment of an innovative pulverized coal burner intended to increase the efficiency of burning Ekibastuz coal” (project manager Shishkin AA);
7) АР05134025 “Research and development of microfakel front devices, complex technical solutions to improve the environmental safety of gas turbine installations in Kazakhstan” (project manager Dediyarov AM).
on priority: “National security and defense (without the neck of secrecy)”:
8) АР05132723 “Development of adaptive expert systems in the field of cyber-security of critical information objects” (project manager Doszhanova AA)
Students research and development activities
Almaty University of Power Engineering and Telecommunications as the basic holder of the annual “Republican competition of scientific research works” within students in technical sciences (“Power Engineering”, “Heat Power Engineering”, “Radio Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunications”, “Space Technology and Technology”) in accordance with letter No. 14-5 / 9 of 08.01.2018 of the Department of Higher and Post-Graduate Education, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, holds the second stage of the competition.
From 11th of April till 14th of April 2018 AUPET held Republican student subject Olympiad in the specialty “Power Engineering” (in Kazakh and Russian languages).
R&D Center Departments
|п/н||Name of division||Head||Established|
|1||TRL ” Fuel and energy complex problems research”||Zhakupov Almas Ausydykovich||01.02.2001г.|
|2||TRL ” Energy monitoring and expertise “||Kibarin Andrey Anatolievich||05.05.2003 г.|
|3||“Renewable energy sources and new technologies in energy saving” Center||Stoyak Vyacheslav Vladimirovich||25.04.2006 г.|
|4||“Water technologies and water-chemical regimes” Center||Burzaykin Vadim Yurievich
|5||TRL «Automated process control system»||Yerenchinov Kagazbek Kalykbaevich||16.03.2011 г.|
|6||Electrotechnical center||Zhumagazin Burash Abilovich||09.02.2015 г.|
|The testing laboratory of technical means for the parameters of electromagnetic compatibility||Kaziev Ruslan Esenbekovich|
|Verification laboratory of means of measuring electrical quantities||Uteshev Iliyas Zhaksylykuly|
|7||Electric laboratory||Uteshev Iliyas Zhaksylykuly||15.03.2016 г.|
|8||Laboratory “Intellectual Electric Power Systems”||Saukhimov Almas Abzhalievich||18.05.2017 г.|
TRL – thematic research laboratory
RLS – research laboratory for students
Project management office employees
Amreev Maksat Berikovich – Director
Ongarova Zharkynay Musladinovna – Leading specialist
Koyshibekova Zhamal Aldabergenovna – Senior specialist
Aldazharov Erdos Meiramovich – Specialist
Tursunova Gulnaz Zharmukhambetovna – Engineer