To the graduate the academic degree «the bachelor of military science and safety» in the specialty 5В100200 – «Information security systems»
Description of the specialty.
Information security specialists are directly involved in the creation of an information protection system, its audit and monitoring, analyze information risks, develop and implement measures to ensure cybersecurity.
- The main directions of preparation include:
- Field of activity:
- Advantages of specialty:
- Features and specifics of specialty:
- Students are trained in two educational trajectories
- Required disciplines
- Elective disciplines:
- Students of specialty will gain the following knowledge:
- Training technique:
- Material and technical base
- Training courses
The main areas of training include:
– legislation in the field of information systems;
– security of computer networks;
– ensuring software and hardware protection of information security systems;
– protection of information from leakage through technical channels;
– protection of information from unauthorized access;
– administration of information security systems;
– information security management;
– programming in C ++, Java, Python, PHP, MsSQLServer, etc.
Scope of activity:
public and private enterprises and organizations that develop, implement and use organizational, hardware and software methods and means of protecting information systems in all spheres of human activity operating with critical information.
The advantages of the specialists of the specialty “Information Security Systems” compared with related specialties, such as IS, CES and PET:
1) Due to the rapid growth of digital applications, cyber security of the state, society, enterprises and citizens is becoming urgent, therefore, the demand for information security specialists is growing. Only in Kazakhstan, according to the Ministry of Defense and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the need for information security specialists is more than 30 thousand people.
2) The Information Security employer is an integral part of both commercial and departmental structures.
3) Information security specialists have a wide range of knowledge from legal to organizational and technical issues, including programming skills in high-level languages.
4) Students of the educational program of the bachelor program 5B100200 – “Information Security Systems” in the process of studying receive the working profession “Radio Installer” in the second year and practical skills of the installer in video surveillance and access control systems.
5) In 2018, AUPET was accepted into the Kazakhstan Information Security Association (KISA) and works closely with the Kazakhstan Association of IT Companies.
Features and specifics of the specialty:
the information security specialist provides comprehensive information protection, audits the existing security system, analyzes information risks and in accordance with this develops and implements measures to ensure the company’s information security. The duties of the information security specialist also include the constant monitoring of the information security system and the support of technical means for its protection.
In the specialty “Information Security Systems”, students are trained in two educational trajectories:
– Information security in computer systems and networks;
– Security of wireless systems and networks.
– Discrete Mathematics;
– Operating system security;
– Information bases of information security;
– Computer Information Protection Technologies;
– Digital circuit design;
– Algorithmization and programming languages;
– Architecture of computer systems;
– System programming;
– Basics of database systems;
– Security of Internet technologies;
– Mobile Security;
– Web application security;
– Cryptographic methods and information security tools;
– Security and administration of Windows Server / Administration of domain systems;
– Biometric data protection technology;
– Internet banking security;
– Development of software for information security systems;
– Risk assessment and audit of information security systems;
– Protection against unauthorized access and channels of leakage in infocommunication networks;
– Computer analytics;
– Social engineering;
– Ethical hacking;
– Designing physical information protection systems;
– Steganographic methods of information protection;
– Protection of mobile devices;
– Programming in C ++, Java, Python, PHP, MsSQLServer;
– Legal and organizational support of information security;
– Standardization and certification of information security tools, etc.
Students of specialty will gain the following knowledge:
-about modern information technologies, including mobile technologies;
-about methods and means of ensuring of information security;
-on creation and protection of information security systems;
-on administration of information security systems;
-on organizational and legal support of information security;
– ensuring hardware-software protection of information security systems.
the learning process uses innovative learning technologies that include electronic textbooks, videos, virtual labs, and a distance education platform. To enhance the participation of students in the educational process, seminars and conferences are held, where students work out their knowledge gained in practice. Project activities and preparation for public speaking are conducted, which allows the student to independently think, find and solve problems in the professional field, relying on his knowledge.
Material and technical base:
– The department has 9 educational laboratories equipped with the necessary stands, models, measuring instruments and computers:
– Laboratory of radio assembly practice (building B, room 121);
– Laboratory “Security of Mobile Systems and Networks” (Building B, Room 127);
– Laboratory “Wireless Network Security” (Building B, Room 201);
– Cybersecurity Design Laboratory (Building B, Room 203);
– Laboratory of Information Security Programming (Building B, Room 407);
– International Scientific Research Laboratory of Cybersecurity Technologies (Building B, Room 411);
– Laboratory of information and communication security (building B, room 414);
– Laboratory of Network Security (Building B, Room 416);
– Laboratory of technical means of information protection (building B, room 420).
The department offers the following advanced training courses in the 2018-2019 school year:
– programming language Assembler;
– Computer network security;
– Network security analysis;
– Protection of confidential information from leaks through technical channels;
– International, national, state standards and legislation in the field of information security;
– Welding of optical fiber;
– Remote courses “Information Security” in conjunction with the Center for Analysis and Investigation of Cyber Attacks (CAICA);
– D-Link and IP switching devices – telephony
– Wireless WiFi networks and information security in telecommunication systems;
– Information security management system.
Do practical training in the following companies:
«Kazteleport», «Первое кредитное бюро», «Центр анализа и расследования кибератак» (ЦАРКА), «Азимут», Три А, «Эгида», «Кузет 1952», «Центр охранного мониторинга», «AbrisDistribution – Kazakhstan (Абрис Дистрибьюшн – Казахстан)», «Центр космической связи», «Национальный центр информатизации», FortinetInc, Palo Alto Networks Inc, «Гранит», «Алси», «Icore-Integration», «Пацифика», «КазИнжЭлектроникс», «АлмаТВ».
Graduates can hold the following positions:
-expert in information security;
– ERP-and Web programmer;
– Internet project manager;
-database manager and websites;
-programmer Java, Python, C#, PHP and etc;
-radio installer, etc.
Public authorities, Divisions of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of RK, MES RK, CNS RK, Eurasian Bank, Halykbank, RG Brands, TNS Central Asia, Home Credit Bank, Bank Centrcredit, Nurbank, Sberbank, Rfz Minerals, RG Brands, Kazakhstan stock exchange, Medical center “Avicenna”, JSC Kazakhtelecom, National center of testing.