The Heat and Power Engineering Department was created by the first rector Gumarbek Daukeev. Today, the Institute of Heat Power Engineering and Heating Engineering prepares the Heat Power engineers, Industrial Heating engineers, specialists for working in the field of labor safety and environmental engineering.
80 teachers work here, including academician of sciences, professors, doctors, candidates of technical sciences, PhD, assistants, laboratory assistants. There is a modern laboratory base.
Annually our students take prizes in the republican Olympiads from Samruk-Energy, actively participate in research. The students also represented the university at the international exhibition EXPO-2017.
Students have practical training at the enterprise, thanks to the implementation of the project “Dual education” together with a partner of JSC "Almaty Electric Stations."
Energy generating and distribution, control and service oil and gas, oil refining, mining; design and research organizations and many other large companies are our partners. Among them are Almatytelekommunenergo LLP, Almaty Heating Networks JSC, Alatau-Zharyk JSC, MAEK-Kazatomprom LLP, Tengizchevroil, Karachaganak Petroleum Operating, KazMunayGas, Kaztransgaz, Aktobemuna , “Kazakhoil”, “Petro Kazakhstan - SHNOS”, JSC “Aluminum of Kazakhstan”, JSC “Kazzinc”, JSC “Ust-Kamenogorsk titanium-magnesium plant”. Upon graduation, 97% of graduates are employed.
We work hard to ensure that our students receive advanced knowledge, become highly-qualified anddemanded specialists, leading scientists.
We are waiting for you!
The Institute of Heat Power Engineering and Heating Engineering was established in 2017 on the basis of the Faculty of Heat Power Engineering. The training of heat power engineers began in 1960 on the basis of the Kazakh Polytechnic Institute naed after V.I.Lenin. The first graduation of heat power engineers in the specialty "Heat Power Plants" was carried out in 1966. In 1975, the Almaty Energy Institute (AEI) was formed, in which the Heat and Power Department was opened.
Much attention is paid to the training of highly qualified specialists. In the framework of cooperation with the Joint Stock Company “Almaty Electric Stations”, an agreement on practical training with elements of dual training has been concluded. In 2018, 39 students, in 2019 42 students received various working specializations. In addition to students, teachers of the institute also have practical training at the facilities of the Joint Stock Company “Almaty Electric Stations”. In 2018, 14 teachers had practical training with obtaining certificates.
The institute is actively involved in research activities involving students, undergraduates and doctoral students. Currently, there are several research projects funded by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan at the departments, consulting works are being carried out. There are several scientific schools.
In 2018-2019, AUES students won prizes (1 and 2 places) in the Republican competition of students' research work. In the same academic year, the AUES team scored the maximum score in the team event in the Republican Subject Olympiad.
Institute announces admission and training in educational programs:Life safety and environmental protection Industrial heat power engineering Water and fuel technology Autonomous energy systems Engineering ecology and safety in the energy sector
Training of specialists is carried out on the basis of the following departments:Department of Thermal Power Plants Department of Industrial heating
Graduates of institute can work in:
• power generating and distribution companies: JSC Almaty Electric Stations, including Thermoelectric Power Station-1, Thermoelectric Power Station-2, Thermal Power Plant-3; Almatytelekommunenergo LLP; Almaty Heating Networks JSC; Alatau-Zharyk JSC; Atyrau Thermal Power Plant; AES Ekibastuz LLP (Ekibastuz GRES-1); JSC EEC (Aksu State District Power Station); JSC "Zhambyl Hydroelectric Power Station named after Baturova "; JSC "Ekibastuz Hydroelectric Power Station -2"; LLP "MAEK-Kazatomprom" Thermal Power Station -2, Thermal Power Station -3; Karaganda Hydroelectric Power Station -2 (Kazakhmys Corporation); Pavlodar Thermal Power Plant -3 (PavlodarenergoJSC); Access Energy LLP Petropavlovsk Thermal Power Station -2; JSC Aluminum of Kazakhstan (Pavlodar Thermal Power Station -1); Thermal Power Station -2 Astana Energoservice JSC;
• Management and service companies: “National Dispatch Center of the System Operator” of KEGOC; Kazakhstan market operator of electric energy and power; establishment of a pool of reserves of electric capacity); Komgosenergonadzor;
• design and research organizations: KazRDI Energoprom ";" KazRDI TPP "Energy", "KazSRI Power Engineering named after Chokin";
• oil and gas producing and refining companies involved in the transportation of oil and gas: Tengizchevroil; “Karachaganak Petroleum Operating”; “KazMunayGas”; Kaztransgaz; Aktobemunaigas; Kazakhoil, Petro Kazakhstan - Shymkentnefteorgsintez;
• mining companies; enterprises engaged in the processing of ores and minerals: Transnational company Kazchrome; Don Mining and Processing Plant, Aktobe Ferroalloy Plant; JSC Aluminum of Kazakhstan and its enterprises; Kazzinc JSC and its enterprises; JSC "Ust-Kamenogorsk Titanium-Magnesium Plant";
• international companies: LG, Bosch.